Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Thing #1 - Lifelong Learning


Thing #1 – Lifelong Learning

I’ve always approached new situations in my life as learning experiences. Whether it is meeting new people, starting a new job, even starting back to school; in the end we learn a lot from our environment. Learning is an ongoing experience. However, I admit that sometimes I don’t approach learning as positively as I should.  Of the 7 ½ Learning Habits, Habit #3 – View problems as challenges – is actually my hardest.  I sometimes don’t see problems as challenges but as just problems.  I tend to over-analyze and over-think things instead of approaching the problem positively. 


I believe that my strongest (or easiest) learning habit is Habit #7 – Teach/mentor others.  In every job that I’ve had, I have been appointed as a mentor or trainer.  I’m very detail-oriented and have (I’ve been told) very good inter-personal skills. I like to teach and discover how people learn best and how to help them succeed at their highest level.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate that you went "the extra mile" by adding your favorite educational blogs to your blog pages. I am always looking for new ideas, so you have provided some great resources for me! I especially like the "technology rocks, seriously" blog and have read through the most recent posts and learned some new things, thanks!

    ReplyDelete