Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thing #10 I Have FINALLY Learned About RSS!


I have been an avid blog reader for some time and when stumbling upon a new one to follow, I would always notice that one way to subscribe was to use an RSS feed. I never knew what that was (until now!)and for some reason I have never looked into it. It's so easy!

What do you like about RSS and newsreaders?


What I love about RSS is that instead of subscribing to blogs with my email address (like I used to do), I can subscribe through RSS and have all of the blogs I follow under my Google Reader account. This way, new blog posts are not taking up room in my email and all of the new posts are in one place for me to read at my convenience.


How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your school or personal life?

For my personal and professional life, I will be able to use RSS to subscribe to blogs that will help and enhance my classroom and personal life. RSS conveniently keeps all of my subscriptions in one place and is easily accessible.


How can teachers use RSS or take advantage of this new technology?

Teachers can subscribe to readers or blogs that give useful information for their classroom conveniently through RSS. Teachers may also set up a classroom blog and offer RSS as a subscription service.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment