Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Thing #4 Why Commenting Is So Important

Why does commenting helps create a sense of community and interaction?

I really enjoyed the article from the Cool Cat Teacher Blog about commenting. Everyone who blogs LOVES to receive any number of comments (even if it's just one!) because it is so exciting for someone to stumble across your blog and read your thoughts. The author also suggests hyperlinking your posts (as I hyperlinked the blog and article I am discussing) to anything information you are blogging about. This gives the readers a reference to what and where you found your information, which is what a lot of blogs are about - sharing information! Also, replying to comments that your readers have left you gives them a sense that they are heard and friendships may be formed.
 
Any other points about commenting?

Accepting comments on your blog opens an invitation for conversation and shared information. It is important to keep an open mind but also be gracious and not rude. Opinions may differ, which is to be expected, but always keep comments polite and always be polite when replying to a comment. Problogger's 10 Techniques to Get More Comments on Your Blog is an informative post about commenting with great tips!

Name some blogs you are currently following.

I have found some education blogs that I absolutely love to read!

Extra Special Teaching
Little Literacy Learners
 Ready 2 Read
What the Teacher Wants



Discuss the comments that you chose to make and why you made them.


I commented on:

Leslie Midlick's blog about how I loved how she signed her posts. She had fun and unique closings for each post.

Luanne Milam's blog about Thing #6. She found that Etsy.com has vendors that sell educational items. I'm thrilled about that because I love Etsy!

Naomi Williamson's blog
about Thing #21 - Animoto. I commented mainly because I have known Naomi since I started the MAT program and it was great to finally see her family!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie, Thanks so much for mentioning our Ready2Read program:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Annie! I've learned so much from your blog!

      Delete
    2. I loved perusing the Extra Special Teaching blog, thanks for the links.

      Delete