Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thing #8 - Travel with Flickr!

letter R letter E letter A Foam Letter d


I've never really thought of mashups before reading this article about it by Wikipedia. I learned that a mashup is a remix of digital data. Flickr does this by incorporating Google Maps with the location of the images on the site. I thought this would be a great way to explore different areas of the world with my class. If we are studying say, Ireland, we could search "Ireland" on Flickr to bring up images from that area as well as learn exactly where in Ireland the image is from. This would give the students a more realistic look into life in that area than just looking at a map.

I do not mind sharing photos online as long as they are appropriate and not too personal. I read a lot of "teacher" blogs and I have noticed that they do not show the faces of their students for privacy reasons.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment