Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thing #11 Feeds


Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use?

I have to say that I really like Google Reader and RSS the most. They are both user-friendly and accessible to myself since I use Gmail. Both have tools that recommend additional blogs to follow.

Which Search tool was the easiest for you?

Google Reader was the easiest for me. Some of the others were confusing which leads to the next question...

Which was more confusing?

I looked at Topix.net and Technorati. I had no idea what to do on Topix.net and it looked like a chatboard. I then looked at Technorati and watched the tutorial. This was an "okay" search site but not very appealing. Both of these sites also seemed very dated.

What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds?

I think Google is the way to go, for myself at least. It's easy for anyone to use and it stays up-to-date.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more with your assessment of Topix.net. It really did have a chatboard look to it (a concise description lacking from my own post), but I did find Technorati to be easy enough to use. But in the end, I think you're right about Google. They've got something in common with Apple, I think- the idea that simplicity reigns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look at Technorati again but yes, Topix.net brought me back to Prodigy days lol. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. I am finding your blog has some really good tips!

    I am a 1st grade teacher at a Title 1 school. I have lots and lots of *freebies* on my blog that I use with my special needs kiddos. I also share a lot about how to build your school family.

    I would love for you to come visit and maybe follow me too! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I absolutely love yours! I've noticed some great books on your blog that I'd like to check out. Following you :)

      Delete